Thursday, January 10, 2013

hello and bonjour. introducing myself ......



SUSAN BOWERS - from Montville, Queensland in Australia.

I am thrilled to be back with ALAW 2013 after joining last year and wishing I had begun a couple of years before that.  Below are a couple of photos of my two alphabets from last year.  Thanks to Fiona for taking on the challenge again this year - setting up the blog and coordinating us all.  Encouraging us all. Please!  It will be fun.

For those that don't know me you can see some of my work on my blog tracemarks.  I am a lover of paper, print, drawings and etchings, contemporary and abstract work, rust, decay, mark making  and the obscure.  What I most enjoy about this blogging world is finding new work which captures my imagination, making new friends and keeping a photographic record of work happening, or not, in the studio.

Welcome to all newcomers ..... I will head off now and look at your introductions.  It will be lovely getting to know you all throughout the year.


free alphabet

dotty alphabet

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    glad you are doing ALAW again - I always look forward to seeing what you are doing. N

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delight to welcome you back my friend! You took to it like a duck to water last year - looking forward to another fun alphabetical exploration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'duck to water' expression Fiona used. You certainly did that and I can't wait to see your 2013 alphabets!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.